Gospel for Africa Entrepreneurial Programme
At the start of 2011 we felt the Lord leading us to start mentoring some of the folk from our African fellowships in establishing and growing small businesses.
We believe that those fortunate enough to have had business experience and who have a heart for the Lord’s people can impart valuable skills and encouragement to those who need it. Many of the folk that are in the African fellowships are earning relatively little (R1,000–R2,000 per month) and so if they can increase their income by as little as R500–R1,000 per month it represents a decent increase for them. We are obviously hoping that some will do much better than that.
Our vision is to:
- Identify candidates who are faithful in the Churches and in their work and who have a heart to support the Lord’s work.
- Work with those who are running a small or contractor business who will benefit from mentoring and support.
- Help others who have an aptitude and interest to establish a small business which can subsidise, or eventually replace, their existing income.
- Teach and model the principles of Godly stewardship.
- Mentor candidates in the following business areas: marketing, financial record keeping, cash flow management, sourcing suppliers, stock control, banking etc.
- Set up and manage a fund to provide financial support by way of low-cost loans for the acquisition of capital or stock items.
- Serve as a sounding board for, and introduce potential candidates to, business ideas and opportunities.
- Encourage others to use their talents in supporting this vision and to sow financially towards the work of the Lord.
- Encourage those who have benefited from the training to help others is a similar way.
- Build a working model that will facilitate gaining support from business or government initiatives.